Is financial education a component of your organization’s mission or programming? Would you like to implement a financial education program but lack the resources to do so?
The Affinity Plus Foundation awards grant dollars to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with a paralleled focus on financial literacy. In honor of National Financial Literacy Month, the Community Grant application is open annually April 1 – 30, and funds are awarded by August 1st. Priority consideration goes to support organizations within the Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union service area.
- The nonprofit organization is a 501(c)(3) located in Minnesota.
- The nonprofit organization is focused on, or has a vital component of, financial education.
- The awarded funds go directly to support financial education.
- The nonprofit organization agrees to have a representative present at an Affinity Plus Foundation fundraiser to share the impact or outcome of the granted dollars.
- Any and all photographs of the nonprofit organization are property of The Affinity Plus Foundation and can be used for media.
The Affinity Plus Foundation Community Grant program does not support religious organizations and their affiliates for religious purposes, individuals or private foundations, national fundraising campaigns, ticket sales, fundraising dinners and other similar activities, the endowment of chairs, propaganda or any voter registration drive attempting to influence legislation or the outcome of any specific public election or to satisfy all or any part of a formal or informal, express or implied, pledge or similar commitment by an employee to any organization.
In order to qualify for consideration, you will be asked to provide the following information within the online application:
- The amount and purpose for which funds are requested.
- Background information about the organization, including the most recent annual report and, if available, a copy of the organization’s current newsletter.
- A current budget and the most recent audited financial statement.
- A list of individual and corporate contributors.
- A copy of the organization’s 501(c)(3) determination letter.
- A current list of officers, board members and their business or professional affiliation.
- Names of any Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union employee(s) and/or members involved in the organization and a description of his/her participation.
The 2017 Community Grant is open from April 1 through April 30, 2017. Winners will be contacted by June 30, 2017.