Annual Scholarship Program
The Affinity Plus Foundation works to engage, educate and empower individuals and communities. Recognizing the value of higher education in one’s pursuit of success, the Foundation offers two scholarship programs to Affinity Plus members.
Through the Annual Scholarship Program, the Affinity Plus Foundation awards eight $5,000 scholarships to students in four categories:
- Incoming Freshman – defined as incoming freshmen directly out of high school
- Upperclassman – defined as sophomore/junior/senior following the traditional path of college directly out of high school
- Non-traditional – defined as students who had a break in their education between years or before pursuing college
- Master's or Doctorate – defined as students who are pursuing a degree beyond their undergraduate studies
Eligibility requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Applicant must be planning to attend or already be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited non-profit school, a public or private college, community college, or technical college in the United States. Awards will not be disbursed until the student is accepted and enrolled in a a U.S.-accredited institution.
- Applicant must be an Affinity Plus primary member (a member with his/her own member number) in good standing or meet membership eligibility requirements and join the credit union prior to submitting a scholarship application. Beneficiaries or joint members do not qualify and must open their own membership before applying (the exception is when a husband/wife are on the same account).
- Previous winners or substantial contributors to the Foundation are not eligible for the scholarship. Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union and Affinity Plus Foundation employees or board members are also ineligible. Additionally, Affinity Plus Foundation Scholarship Committee members and their immediate families (defined as spouses, children, brothers, sisters, and parents) are not eligible